Hair Extensions Advice
• Tie hair extensions up when sleeping. Try a loose plait down one side, or a loose ponytail or tie into two plaits
• Use a Tangle Teezer or soft bristle brush such as Wet Brush or Denman
• Use Bond’s Protein Spray on towel dried hair to add essential moisture. You can also spray onto dry/styled hair to improve and maintain the condition of the hair
• Wash in an upright position such as in the shower
• Pat hair dry following washing, divide into sections to blow-dry and straighten/curl
• Use your usual heat-defence spray and serums on the mid-lengths and ends of the hair but not near bonds
• Don’t go to bed with wet hair, always dry the extensions paying careful attention to drying the root area and around the bonds
• Don’t use brushes that have teeth with balls at the tip, these can snag the hair and cause it to shed
• Don’t get conditioner on the root area or on the keratin bonds, this could cause them to soften and slip out
• Don’t use oil-based product anywhere near the bonds
• Don’t wash hair laying down in the bath or tip the head upside down to wash as this could tang long hair. Wash 2-3 times per week ideally, don’t allow roots to get greasy, nor should you over-wash the hair. Any excessive moisture can cause the bonds to soften and hair to shed over time
• Try to wash the extensions in lukewarm or cool water, not boiling hot
• Gently wash hair as normal, using the shampoo to massage the roots getting in between the bonds
• Use light downward motions to distribute shampoo down through the ends of the hair
• Be sure to rinse hair thoroughly
• Don’t rub or twist the hair or pile it up on your hair as this could cause it to tangle
• Squeeze excess moisture from the hair and pat dry with a towel Condition Routine
• Apply conditioner throughout mid-lengths and ends and leave for several minute to allow hair to absorb
• Avoid the bonds when applying conditioner
• Always use your bond protein spray and a heat-defence spray after gently towel-drying the lengths of the hair
• If hair feels dry try a deep-conditioning mask or oil treatment, again ensuring your avoid the bonds. Removing extensions Bond recommends you have your extensions removed after 12 weeks due to the bonds growing down with your natural hair. Bonds need to therefore be replaced to avoid any matting or damage occurring. Pre-bonded extensions should always be removed by a trained professional and you should never attempt removal yourself.
Q: My hair is itching, why?
A: Your head may take a few days to get used to the new extensions, however if you’re finding your scalp itchy it’s likely you’re not rinsing product from your hair sufficiently. Ensure you rinse all shampoo and conditioner out fully when washing.
Q: Can I colour my extensions?
A: We do NOT recommend colouring your extensions as this can reduce the overall quality and longevity of the extensions. You can tone the human hair but this is best carried IN SALON by a professional hairdresser. Pre-bonded extensions are processed therefore additional tinting is not advised.
Q: I have blonde hair, can I colour my roots?
A: Yes, the bonds are usually not fitted to high up in the head meaning your T-section is free for colouring when your roots need it. Be sure to avoid the bonds with bleach and colour.
Q: I’ve lost a bond, what should I do?
A: Losing a few bonds is normal. Some lose 5-10 in the first few weeks, many lose zero in the entire 12 weeks. It depends on many factors including oils in your natural hair, products and brushes you use, how you care for the hair and how fine your natural hair is. If you lose a couple of bonds do not panic, you will only need to consider a ‘top-up’ appointment if you have lose 20+ and the hair is looking ‘gappy' in places.
Q: I’ve lost a bond and it looks like some of my hair is attached
A: Even with no extensions in, most people lose up to 100 hairs per day through brushing etc. wearing extensions is no different to your natural hair will continue its typical shedding cycle, therefore you may find you lose the odd bond which has come away with your natural hair. A few strands of hair sprouting out the top is normal, but if you have any concerns please contact us.
Now, let's move onto the HAIR Quality for your hair extensions. The Shampoo Lounge only use hair of the highest standard for our customers, never compromising on quality. The hair is 100% human hair with HairShop.store brand, which has been chemically treated by professionals to ensure it’s in great condition. The hair is silky, healthy, shiny and very durable. We only use the highest quality Remy hair, as they suit almost everyone.
➡️ BOOK NOW: http://bit.ly/TSLbookWA
article from MacGregor